Friday, September 26, 2008

Okay I'm Gonna Do It this Time


The Queen of Procrastination is going to actually create a blog and..........stick with it! No seriously, I know you dont believe me, but it's true!! So here it is....starting tomorrow (only kidding). I am actually excited about this. Free therapy! I could either pay a quack to listen to me blab at $150 hourly or....I could spill out my problems on you--(You being my family, friends, aquaintences, internet stalker, next door neighbor who I believes spys on me through my window, ex-boyfriend who pretends not to look at my facebook or myspace page, people who thought I was a bitch in highschool (not going to lie, i probably was) and even strangers. Although Stranger, I must warn you I will not be all that interesting....my own mother will probably not read my blog.

So I titled my blog "Crying over Spilled Milk" because I have decided that to be my motto for the next several months (if not years). I have had a relatively crappy year for those who do not know....I got a divorce, I was "homeless" (no not living on the street just no place to call my own), my job has been extremely unstable and there were times a questions my faith in the Lord (gasp...I know too horrible to mention, but that part DOES have a happy ending). I have spent the past year not fully processing my emmotions. Telling myself and others that I was okay. I've been living by the motto. "Don't cry over spilled milk. Just get up and go milk the cow again". Meaning don't dwell on the mess, focus on how to fix it. But I've decided....why shouldn't I cry over the spilled milk? Now, focusing on the fixing is huge but I think too many times we feel like we should just "move on and forget about the hurt or the 'mess' of the spilled milk. " Well truth is, my mess it still all around me. My dress is still soaked with 2% milk and the milk has leaked into the carpet.


No comments: