Friday, September 26, 2008

The Washer and Dryer


I have been living on my own now since June and have yet to buy a washer and dryer. Call it procrastination, call it being broke, call it not having my priorities in line (new shirt OR a washing machine to wash that new shirt in??!) either way....I have been living with a huge pile of laundry in my room for months. Now, the pile has decreased at times when I bummed off of others, dragged a huge pile down to Mont Believeu for my mom and grandmother to wash or the one time I went to the laundry mat or "Lavendaria". That was a NIGHTMARE. The smell of dirty diapers, stinky feet, tacos and fabric softener is NOT a good combination! Not to mention I was the only person speaking English in the entire joint. Anyways, the washing machine situation has not really bothered me until a few weeks ago. I mean in the scheme of MY recent events....a laundry pile up is not the end of the world. I improvised....Ran out of underwear? - - Went to Target and bought some more. But I am ready to get my life in order....to stop living like an alien in my own apartment. I'm ready to settle into my new life....and its been hard to do.
My parents are wonderful. Have I told you that? Well they are WONDERFUL. In so many ways. My entire family has been so supportive and loving to me during my darkest days. My brother....I could just squeeze him to death I love him so much. He is just the cutest baptist minister I think I've EVER seen! :) But anyways, these wonderful parents of mine have rescued me! They will be heading up to Dallas next week to visit AND to buy me a washing machine and dryer! WOO HOO! I'm so giddy! I never knew I could be so excited over appliances.

No comments: