- I am thankful for having an IT department that doesn't monitor and/or restrict websites during work hours such as blogspot, facebook, myspace etc.
- I am thankful for being the worst cook in my family, thus leaving me to forever be the "bring paper plates and soda" person.
- I am thankful for having a loving and accepting family. The type of family that picks you up when you fall, dusts you off then gives you a gentle shove to keep going.
- I am thankful I have a brother who is a Baptist Minister. It makes me look GREAT. If I ever feel like people are questioning my integrity, I simply mention that my brother is a minister and they assume, since we are blood, that I must have the integrity of a Ordained Baptist Minister as well. (That's what you get for assuming people!)
- I am thankful for the true friendships. I am the world's worst friend. I forget to call on birthdays, I never answer my phone, I'm always late to the party etc. etc. The funny thing is though, regardless of how horrible of a friend I am; I have the BEST friends anyone could ever hope for. I have friends that took me into their home when I had nowhere to go; friends that have brought me dinner when I was too down to eat; friends that require that we party even though our hearts may be hurt; friends that will indulge in a great cheeseburger with me; throw me a birthday party; and most importantly, I have friends that have been constantly praying for me.
- I am thankful for my boyfriend's taste in restaurants. I have NEVER eaten so good! (Although I have gained 7 lbs in the last 3 months--I wonder why??) But that's not the only reason I am thankful for him. He's there for me and takes the good along with the bad. Even though, the bad often out weighs the good. I am thankful for his patience and his friendship. I appreciate him.
- I am thankful for my job--that I even have a job during this awful economic time. Besides, if I get fired, I will be firing myself :)
- I am thankful for the Twilight Series. I now love vampires. I mean like REALLY love them. It's a sickness.
- I am thankful for Grey's Anatomy. Even though it's getting really ridiculous with Denny coming back as a Ghost. Anyone agree with me that they need knew writers??
- I am thankful I haven't gotten a single speeding ticket this year. Woo Hoo! I must have my cop mojo back....for I while I wasn't able to flirt/cry/beg my way out of a ticket. Go figure??
- I am thankful for my sweet Savior Jesus--who never left my side this year.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
- A great parking space
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Expensive Make-up
- Disney Princesses
- Tanning Beds
- Refried beans
- Swinging on a swingset
- Sleeping in Big T-shirts
- Comfy hotel beds
- Sour Patch Kids
- Purple Tulips
- My sweet pee-happy puppy
- 50% off at Hobby Lobby
- US Weekly
- groovy jeans
- Diet Coke
- McDonalds French Fries
- Oldies Music
- a pen that writes really well
- David Yurman jewelry
- restaurants that let you color on their table cloths
- surprises (as long as its really a surprise)
- Texas Two steppin
- spell check
- Ranch dip on Anything
- being trusted with a secret
- Chance Chanel Perfume
- magic tricks
- The 24 pack of Colored Sharpies
- Being a sore loser
- capturing moments with a camera
- learning from mistakes
- the smell of christmas
- child-like wonder
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I truly wish it was that simple. If all it took for me to be nice would be to rewind, I would be set for life(especially since you don't have to rewind a DVD.... HA!)
But anyways I'm going to try a new outlook on being a kinder person. I was recently told I'm the type of gal that brings "a gun into a knife fight". I don't want to be that person. I want to be better, kinder, sweeter, more godly. You can help keep me accountable by doing a big "ah-hem" when I start forgeting to rewind.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Even though I did not watch most of the election results hoop-lah, I did learn quite a bit. I made the following discoveries: I am now under a party that believes busing in lazy bums from the projects is a fair and balanced way to win the election; the black panthers have risen and are now going to show us "whiteys" who's boss; and you shouldn't mix red wine and benadryl.
Well....on the bright side I am a poor single female in my 20's and hopefully I will benefit from his tax breaks! Who knows....maybe I'll quit my job, get on welfare and sign up for universal health benefits. That's looking pretty good right now...my coworkers are ticking me off this morning.
Kenya has now declared Nov. 4th a national holiday for Obama winning. I think we should too...I'm always up for taking the day off.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Probably one of the biggest events of the weekend was that I met Mark's kiddos-Mitch and Julia. We went trick or treating with a big neighborhood group. I was often times mistaken for one of the kids (that was my attempt at an age joke) but we had a really great time. They were genuinely sweet kids, very polite, lots of energy and were crazy about their dad. I really loved seeing Mark in his element as a dad- - he is a really fantastic father and it only confirmed what I have already learned about him and his character.
Another key event of the weekend was I FINALLY got a washer and dryer. It's rented from the apartment complex (why didn't I do this 4 months ago??). It has been fantastic! I spent the majority of my Saturday washing clothes, my duvet cover, the slip cover on my couch all my towels. I was on a clothes washing high. I was great--You never realize how essential certain applicances are until you go without them for 4 months. I just want to thank all my friends and their washers and dryers for allowing me to bumm off of you for the past few months.
I tried a new church- Bent Tree Bible. It was great! I really enjoyed the service and I am going to try it out for a while and see if that is where I can grow and start serving. I am longing for a church family up in Dallas where I can be feed but also serve! Please be praying for me in finding a church home.
I put on self tanner this weekend and now I smell like banana boat.
I think that is about it.....Have a great week!