Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Typical Cheesy "What I am Thankful for" Thankgiving Blog


Yes I know it's cheesy, but even in a year like I have had (which it has been a crazy year) there is still so much that I am thankful for and feel the need to express.



  • I am thankful for having an IT department that doesn't monitor and/or restrict websites during work hours such as blogspot, facebook, myspace etc.

  • I am thankful for being the worst cook in my family, thus leaving me to forever be the "bring paper plates and soda" person.

  • I am thankful for having a loving and accepting family. The type of family that picks you up when you fall, dusts you off then gives you a gentle shove to keep going.

  • I am thankful I have a brother who is a Baptist Minister. It makes me look GREAT. If I ever feel like people are questioning my integrity, I simply mention that my brother is a minister and they assume, since we are blood, that I must have the integrity of a Ordained Baptist Minister as well. (That's what you get for assuming people!)

  • I am thankful for the true friendships. I am the world's worst friend. I forget to call on birthdays, I never answer my phone, I'm always late to the party etc. etc. The funny thing is though, regardless of how horrible of a friend I am; I have the BEST friends anyone could ever hope for. I have friends that took me into their home when I had nowhere to go; friends that have brought me dinner when I was too down to eat; friends that require that we party even though our hearts may be hurt; friends that will indulge in a great cheeseburger with me; throw me a birthday party; and most importantly, I have friends that have been constantly praying for me.

  • I am thankful for my boyfriend's taste in restaurants. I have NEVER eaten so good! (Although I have gained 7 lbs in the last 3 months--I wonder why??) But that's not the only reason I am thankful for him. He's there for me and takes the good along with the bad. Even though, the bad often out weighs the good. I am thankful for his patience and his friendship. I appreciate him.

  • I am thankful for my job--that I even have a job during this awful economic time. Besides, if I get fired, I will be firing myself :)

  • I am thankful for the Twilight Series. I now love vampires. I mean like REALLY love them. It's a sickness.

  • I am thankful for Grey's Anatomy. Even though it's getting really ridiculous with Denny coming back as a Ghost. Anyone agree with me that they need knew writers??

  • I am thankful I haven't gotten a single speeding ticket this year. Woo Hoo! I must have my cop mojo back....for I while I wasn't able to flirt/cry/beg my way out of a ticket. Go figure??

  • I am thankful for my sweet Savior Jesus--who never left my side this year.