Monday, November 3, 2008

The Weekend Wrap-Up

A few of the key events that made up of my weekend:

Probably one of the biggest events of the weekend was that I met Mark's kiddos-Mitch and Julia. We went trick or treating with a big neighborhood group. I was often times mistaken for one of the kids (that was my attempt at an age joke) but we had a really great time. They were genuinely sweet kids, very polite, lots of energy and were crazy about their dad. I really loved seeing Mark in his element as a dad- - he is a really fantastic father and it only confirmed what I have already learned about him and his character.

Another key event of the weekend was I FINALLY got a washer and dryer. It's rented from the apartment complex (why didn't I do this 4 months ago??). It has been fantastic! I spent the majority of my Saturday washing clothes, my duvet cover, the slip cover on my couch all my towels. I was on a clothes washing high. I was great--You never realize how essential certain applicances are until you go without them for 4 months. I just want to thank all my friends and their washers and dryers for allowing me to bumm off of you for the past few months.

I tried a new church- Bent Tree Bible. It was great! I really enjoyed the service and I am going to try it out for a while and see if that is where I can grow and start serving. I am longing for a church family up in Dallas where I can be feed but also serve! Please be praying for me in finding a church home.

I put on self tanner this weekend and now I smell like banana boat.

I think that is about it.....Have a great week!

No comments: