Monday, December 29, 2008

9 Goals for 2009


I love the concept of New Year's Resolutions. It's a chance to start over; a chance to redeem yourself. If you had a really crappy year, it's a brand new beginning-- a fresh start! 2008 was, how should I put this?? It was a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD YEAR! Now, to give 2008 a little credit, there was some good in it, especially in the last few months, but for the most part, it was a bad banana with a greasy black peel or an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable, mangled up in tangled up knots....Okay Okay, I'll stop now.

So...here's to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right! 9 Resolutions for 2009

1.) Train and Run a marathon--White Rock 2009. Here I come!

2.) Cook at least once a week. I'll never learn if I don't practice. Like for example, now I know you have to COOK the pasta noodles when making Chicken spaghetti-who knew??

3.) Balance my check book (on my nose). Only kidding--be better with my money. Save 10% of what I make this upcoming year. Which means-less trips to Target :(

4.) Weekly card giving-Send out a card a week to a friend-via snail mail, not email. I have never been the best friend I could be. Hopefully this will keep me in contact with those I love and miss.

5.) Stop writing LOL after I hear something funny on the computer. That is SOO 10 years ago!

6.) Join a Women's Bible Study-which will keep me accountable in reading the Bible.

7.) Stop mailing drier lint to the kid who dumped me in 2nd grade.

8.) Let go of grudges and MOVE ON! Forgive others and forgive myself. Appreciate the lessons I have learned-the harder the trial-the bigger the lesson. Learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of others. Listen to the advice of the people who love me- but make decisions for myself. Realize what I am worth and what I deserve. Realize what those around me deserve from me- and be that for them. Have a glass is full type of attitude. Count my blessings! Enjoy life!

9.) Be a better me-plain a simple.

No comments: