Monday, January 19, 2009

Funny Kid Story

Hanging out with Mark's kids has been such a joy. They are hilarious.

Over the Christmas holidays Mark, Julia, Mitch and I were eating dinner and talking about Christmas. We were asking each other Christmas questions, such as: "What is your favorite Christmas song", or "What is your favorite thing about Christmas". Mark proceed to ask Julia how she would decorate her very own Christmas tree. When Julia was reluctant to answer, Mark starting teasing her saying that he bet Julia would hang up her underwear on the tree. Out of nowhere, a laughing Mitch yelled, "Dad, can we put some breast on the Christmas tree??" We died laughing....we found out he meant to say 'bra', but he was hilarious coming out of that little boys mouth.

This Sunday I went over and had breakfast with Mark and the kiddos before church. Mark had some great old school hymns playing in the background....Mitch was quietly singing along. I began to pay attention to what he was singing....

"I'm still alive, I'm still alive, no darkness, no night...Praise the Lord, I'm still alive!!". Well, it may not be the right words of "I saw the light" but hey, in Mitch's defense...if he wants to Praise the Lord for still being alive...I certainly see no problem with it.

1 comment:

wetherell said...

Funny, funny... I bet his kids love you!!!!