Thursday, May 21, 2009

Christians won Idol? SERIOUSLY???

Before I become one of those crazed, live alone with my cat, idol fans let me set the record straight on a few points. Yes, I am a Christian. Two, I am not for Gay marriage, liberal standards blah, blah, blah. But seriously, what is this all about "God's choice" winning American Idol. This is driving me nuts....

Adam, my choice and the obvious greater talent, lost last night and rumored to be because he is gay. First, has he ever come out and said he is gay? NO! Does he flaunt that he is gay...Absolutely not. Adam isn't some Perez Hilton going around defining himself by his preferences in the bedroom. He is trying to define himself as a singer....and he was a dang good one at that. I can't stand it when people drive around with a rainbow sticker on the back of their car....it makes me feel like I should have a bumper sticker claiming "I am straight". Adam never did, talked about or referenced this and proved that there are people out there that know how to keep personal business personal.

Adam is actually better off because he doesn't have to sing that stupid, ridiculous "climb this mountain/rain/hurricane" song that the "whats her name again?" new judge wrote. He will be a huge star!!

3 comments:

wetherell said...

I liked Kris Allen.... but I am also not a fan on screaming maddness. Love you girl! Hope I can see you sometime in the near future, it has been way way to long!!!!!

Little Leach said...

I LOVED Kris!! :) I think Jeff and I were just those 'hate it' people that Simon talked about after each of his songs... you either loved them or hated them. But Kris is who I'd listen to on the radio... I also loved Allison and Danny! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm for Jesus. Jesus loves all people. Except for Adam. Jesus doesn't love Adam because Jesus is opposed to guy-liner. It says so right there in 2nd Philip, chapter 4. Look it up!! (of course I'm joking babe to get a rise outta you because, hey, Jesus likes a good joke too!!)