Thursday, September 3, 2009

Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?

The fastest way to learn things you should know but dont is to prepare your boyfriend's 5th grade daughter for her geography test. Although I act like I know the answers, I'm really learning along with her. For instance, did you know that the capital of Pennsylvania is Harrisburg? Ironcially, as I type this, the 5th grader is telling me how to spell both Pennsylvania and Harrisburg. I thought Pennsylvania was a train station in New York and that Harrisburg was a department store. What will I do when it comes to algebra, geometry or personal hygiene - subjects I know absolutely nothing about? Now I know why being a single parent is so hard: because you can't answer your child, "go ask your dad/mother" when you don't know the answer.

So, I may not be able to help her with the capital of Vermont, but I sure as heck can catch her up on the Jon&Kate plus 8 gossip. Besides, we all know that nerds don't go far in life. Whatever happened to that Screech guy anyway???

2 comments:

Mom said...

Ha! Very funny. You know you are super smart.

A peek into the Flores Family... said...

You crack me up!! Love you!!!!