Friday, September 25, 2009

Chili Coke Roast

I did it! I am so proud of myself. So proud in fact, I THINK IT CALLS FOR ME TO BEGIN SPEAKING IN CAPITAL LETTERS. So I may be gushing at my own excellence but this is one of the rare ocassions I have EVER been able to bask in the success of a meal I have cooked. I've always had dirty hot fantasies of me sweaty in the kitchen working hard to prepare a warm meal for my man, and this week I did it and did it without burning, drying out, over cooking, under cooking, not cooking, forgetting to heat, leaving it frozen in the middle, buying it from the store and then secretly transferring it to my own pots and pans. I made a roast that (from the mouth of Mark), "may be the best roast I've ever tasted". HA! Take that Ex-wife!! This "teenie bopper" just ran circles around your roast!

Mark loved the roast so much, he insisted we eat it for left over the next night when the kids were home...and guess what? THEY LOVED IT. YES! ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS SO EXCITING IT CALLS FOR ALL CAPS. So, because I am SO nice I'm going to share the goods. The recipe is below. I've always wanted to share a receipe. This is so domestic!!

Chili Coke Roast

1 Roast
1 Can of Coca Cola
1 pkg. Onion Soup Mix
2 Cups of BBQ Sauce

Just dump it in a Crock Pot and cook for 8 hrs. Yumm Yumm

1 comment:

Mom said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you! I just knew you could do it, if only you put your mind to it. I am going straight to the grocer to get the ingredients to make my very own coca-cola roast. Way to go, Jen!