Monday, November 16, 2009

Redeemed

Wow, what a journey we have been on. (Well, mainly just me but aren't you glad I have the tendency to share TOO much and you have gotten to sit along side me for this crazy rollercoaster?). I'm not sure if you know or not, but my left arm is sore from the freaking fantastic rock of a diamond that is now prettily sitting on my ring finger. Yep, that's right people, I'm engaged!

My first thought after seeing the ring was, "Wow, it's soooo pretty". Second thought was, "Holy Cow, I have a freaking Honda Civic sitting on my finger", which lead to my third thought, "Crap, I sure hope he has it insured".

So am I blissfully happy? YES. Did I find an amazing man? THE BEST. Are my postings going to turn into a wedding obsessed blog filled with images of bouquets, wedding gowns and color palettes? HELL NO. I just wanted to make that clear before, you thought about forgetting about my blog until I went through my NEXT divorce. THAT was a joke...I'm not ever getting another divorce. I will shoot him before he divorces me...also a joking...well kind of.

As I sat in church with my hunk of a FIANCEE', I thought of what a beautiful picture of redemption this has been. We were singing this amazing song and the lyrics said "I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way he loves us".

I have found a man that loves me regardless of my flaws. A man that brings me a diet coke when I say I am thirsty. A man who loves Jesus and isn't ashamed to show it. I have found a man who I am ready to spend the rest of my life with. I adore him and he adores me. At the end of the day, it's not about the ring. It's not about a wedding and it's not about all the hoopla that surrounds it. Yes, that's all well and good but what I am the most thankful for is the man who I said "YES" to.

He is all I could ever want. I love his heart and I am will remember to thank God daily for the precious gift he has given me in Mark. What's even more amazing about Mark, is he isn't the only gift I am getting. I'm getting Mitch and Julia as well. It scares me to think of the impact I will have in those precious children's lives. But, I feel overwhelmed that God has trusted me for them; to be their step-mom. It amazing how instant and deep the love is that I have for them. They bring such joy in my life and will from now on.

I was sinking before I met my Mark, but through grace I was drawn to redemption. God redeemed my sufferings by making something out of it. It hurt like hell, but oh how he love us. He turned my broken heart into joy. I know that there can be a beautiful and blessed life, even after divorce. We can never screw up enough to ruin the will of God. I am so blessed!!

3 comments:

A peek into the Flores Family... said...

Couldn't be more happier for you! Love ya! xoxo

KelsNotChels said...

I am so glad I got to see it by accident! All my love. :D

Ally said...

Congratulations, Jen. You deserve the BEST!!!