Friday, December 25, 2009

My Grown Up Christmas List

Merry Christmas!

I come to you this Christmas morning, from Mont Belvieu, TX. Hometown of the infamous blogger, yours truly, ME.

My father, once again talked us into opening our presents the night before Christmas, so this morning has been rather relaxed except for Hucky vomiting up the Ham I snuck to him during breakfast this morning. The funny thing is immediately after he threw up, all over my bed (nice touch Huck), he seriously stuck his head in my purse and pulled out a piece of gum.

My family was all to generous with their gift giving. Mark also spoiled me before I left the big D with season ticket to the Dallas Summer Musicals. My brother made me tear up with his beautiful gift. But, with all the beautiful presents I received, Santa let me down this year. I only asked him for one simple thing; that Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake would get back together, get married and create a Christmas CD together.

It's not like I'm asking for World Peace, Wars to end, Famine to disappear or an X Box 360. It's just a simple little request that would make my world just a little bit brighter. Oh well Santa, maybe next year. But I must warn you, you might want to double check to see if the fire is still nin my fireplace when it's your turn to come down my chimney next year. No it's not a threat, just something to think about.

In all seriousness, Merry Christmas. I am thankful to serve a God who humbled himself and came to save us through the birth that we celebrate this Christmas morning. The God who hung the moon, came as a weak baby to save us from a life of filth we could not clean off ourselves. Happy Birthday, Jesus.

1 comment:

Lori Mac said...

Do you still have the Britney Spears figure you got from Vegas? You brought it to lunch one day!