Monday, January 25, 2010

Marriage License- Check!

It's the big week! Waaaahoooooo! Yee-haw! Ride em' Cowboy! Git er done! Yippee!

Friday, the Mr. and I traveled to downtown Dallas and headed up to the second floor of the,so filthy we pressed the button of the elevator with our elbow, Records Building to obtain our marriage license. Luckily we met all the requirements the State of Texas has to get married-we aren't cousins,we aren't currently married to someone else and we aren't late on child-support payments. Whew-that was a close one.

Count down is five days and I'm really getting pumped. Whooooooo! (I just pumped my fist in the air and said that out loud. My co-workers are talking about me right about now) Homegirl doesn't look like she is getting married this week though. I'm waiting to the last minute for my beauty maintainence and my roots are FOUL and I need to wax my upper lip so bad I'm beginning to speak like I'm from Jersey.

You will all be thrilled to know that I picked up my dress and it fit perfectly. I celebrated this success by heading straight to Taco Bell where I devoured a Crunchy Supreme Wrap and a bean burrito. I was really nervous about the dress, but it's beautiful and classy and everyone will love it. I was slightly disappointed because it doesn't show of "the girls" like they deserve. I mean they are my best asset but when I explained this to Mark, his reply was, "I'm sure our mother's will appreciate your modesty".

XOXO-

Jennifer

1 comment:

Stuart and Brooke Newton said...

I wish you the best of Luck Jen! you are going to make a beautiful bride, wife and mom! I am so proud for you that you have found happiness with Mark. May God bless you both and your family and enjoy every moment :)