Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sharing a Closet

All my usless possessions and random crap I've accrued in this life, comfortably fit in a small U-haul truck as I kissed my apartment good-bye a few weeks ago to move into the house I will now call my home with Mark. As Mark helped me slowly unpack the boxes of randomness (dishwashing detergent packed with mis-matched socks and bleaching cream), I could see his face start to shine with perspiration as he realized what he was about to marry.....a SLOB. Well, that's a little harsh...how about a "Strategically Disorganized Person". I mean, I KNEW that the dishwashing detergent was in the sock drawer, so that should count for something. Right?

For a dude, Mark has WAY too many clothes. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that the wittle boy knows how to dress himself, but I'm trying to gently persaude him that the Gap jeans from 94' are never going to come back in style. So as I moved in my clothes into the closet that is entirely too small for the floor plan he has, we quickly realized, "Houston, we have a problem".

The clothes in our closet are squeezed in tigher than Kirstie Alley in a two piece bikini. Our closet is just about that bad; it's like a carwreck...too painful to look at but you just can't help it! I'm so scared to sort through the piles in fear that I'm going to find a very wrinkled umpa-lumpa in the mist of it all.

Mark called me this morning and told me, that he got in a fight with the closet this morning as he attempted to pull a pair of pants off the hanger that was blocked by a "suitcase filled with high heels". He proceded by asking why we had a suitcase full of highheels. Well, where else am I suppose them??

So, ladies. Do you have any organization suggestions or tips you can give me on how to organize this closet so Mark doesn't change his mind about marrying me? If you do, leave me a comment! I'm in desperate need. Besides, you owe me! I sit here and spill out my soggy milk stories (this will mean something entirely different once I have a child) to you so you can judge me and make yourself feel better about your problems. That's what I'm here for!

2 comments:

kelsey @ kelseytoney said...

hmmm, does it have all of those shelves and racks and stuff, like at container store? I've heard that can really help. I've also heard of people raising the bar so that there can be two rows of clothes, and keeping a step ladder. Other than that, keep some stuff (shoes?) in bins under the bed, maybe?

that SUCKS, haha.

Kristal said...

Jennifer - Sounds like Mark needs to use the guest bedroom closet! I think it is a very reasonable solution, don't you? LOVE your blog ... It is my newest addiction! You and Perez Hilton are the best!