Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow ball fights, Lunch at Luby's and other fasinating moments from my Weekend

Luckily for me, Al Gore can take this blog and shove it , Dallas was graced with the presence of a friggin cold blizzard (to us here, Texans anyways) and got 10 inches of snow Thursday night. What did this mean for me? THREE DAY WEEKEND BABY! Wahhoooo! Nothing rejuvenates the soul like a snow day.

We had the kids on Friday, so we were able to enjoy the pretty fluffy snow by engaging in a neighborhood snowball fight, sledding with anything we could get out our numb little hands on and making a very fashionable snowman. I hate the cold weather, especially cold/wet weather mainly because everything is "moist" and I just really hate that word. But this weekend was actually FUN! Mustering up all my strength, I threw a snow ball across the yard to my step-daughter and hit her smack dab in the middle of the face. Whilst I was doing my Macarana victory dance and shouting, "Now what?", Julia started to cry. I half-heartedly apologized, rolling my eyes and mumbling under my breath to "man up" just at Mitch pelted me with a snowball. It hit me right in the nose. It hurt. I cried. Just one tear. I wiped it away before anyone saw. And then I looked up towards Heaven and said, "Okay, you proved your point". I gave Julia an extra kiss that night.

Mark and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day as a married couple, with our two closest couple friends on Saturday night, leaving our Sunday wide open with endless Valentine Day possibilities. After enjoying a PG-13 Sermon at church about the "Joys of Marital Sex" and shouting out "Amen" and "Preach it" a little too loud, and a little too much, Mark let me choose where to go for our Valentine's Day lunch. If you know me at all, you give me a choice on restaurants and it will be one of two places: Iguana Joe's, if I'm in my hometown or LUBY'S! I had three starches and chicken fried steak and a piece of cornbread and a piece of buttermilk pie and it was really yummy so yummy in fact it totally justifies this really long run-on sentence.

After lunch and feeling quite bloated and in need of some "quality time" with my bathroom, we decided to go spend the Gift card to Neiman's that Mark bought me for Valentine's Day. Being the cheap-sake that I am, I insisted that he drive me 25 minutes up to the outlet mall, so I could spend it a Neiman Marcus last call so I could get more bang for my buck. Lucky for Mark I was filled to my nostrils with white gravy and macaroni so not much looked great on me and therefore I only went $30 over the gift card amount. This pleased my husband.

So, all in all it was a great Valentine's Day. We went home snuggled on the couch, watched a chick flick and then took our sermon notes into the bedroom.....

2 comments:

wetherell said...

Luby's is a tradition for Vday for Andy and I... I just cannot get enough of it!!!!

Kimberly said...

Your blog is funny! You looked beautiful at your wedding! I am becoming a follower!