Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Bubba!

Today is my big brother's birthday.



Here are just a few of the many reasons why my brother is the best:

  • When he was a kid he use to constantly wear a super hero cape. Even to church. My mom would have to tuck it in under his clothes.
  • He's in Mensa. So, basically he's smarter than all of you and 98% of the population. Top that Suckers!
  • He's a Black Jack playing, Baptist Preacher- I mean seriously? It doesn't get much cooler than that!
  • He's been a practical thinker since he was a kid--when he was 16 he chose what kind of car he wanted based on the backseat. No, not because he needed ample room to make-out with his girlfriend, but because it needed to be big enough to fit his bassoon and backpack.
  • His idol growing up was David Copperfield because he wanted to be a magician when he grew up.
  • He was voted "Best All Around" in high school
  • He became a New Yorker for 4 years during College where he (gulp) tripled....Yes, TRIPLE Majored and still managed to graduate Magnum Cum Laud.
  • He looks like my Daddy
  • He loves him some good food! Especially seafood!
  • He goes on like 4 cruises a year.
  • Although, he may deny this....I think his favorite T.V. show of all time is still and always will be.....Dawson's Creek. He loved him some Joey Potter a.k.a. Katie Holmes. Too bad she went all Scientology on him and married Tom Cruise.
  • He has a sister that thinks he's the cat's meow and adores him.
  • He's single, ladies! Jump on it!

I love you, bubba bear. Thanks for being just a loving, compassionate and caring brother to me for all these years. I am so proud of the man you've become. You inspire me daily. Always know you have a sister who thinks you're still magic!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Thats amazing Jen..He is a amazing guy. We are 8 days apart.:) I'm so proud to call yall family :) even though we very seldom see each other except on Easter if thats even the case..:) I love you and miss yall so much---Jamie
ps cant wait to meet that new family of yours

Mom said...

Very sweet, Jen. I am so proud of the relationship you have with your brother. Everything you said about him is true. I'll never forget tucking his little cape under his suit jacket. He sure was a trip!

Kellen said...

I think Jake still wears the cape. I can't get him to admit it, but I'm pretty sure. I mean, he grabbed me and kept me from falling down the stairs while he was praying with his eyes closed! He is super. You hit the jackpot when you got him for a big brother, Jen!