Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rainbow

Yesterday after the storms rolled out, stretched across the sky was a giant rainbow. As Buckethead and I drove the kids to their mom's house, the following coversation occured:

Buckethead: Okay, kids what does the rainbow signify?

Me: Oooo, Ooooo I know! I know! Pick me!

Buckethead: Mitch?

Mitch: Ahhh, does it mean that it rained?

Julia: Duh, Mitch!

Buckethead: No. Try again. I'll give you a hint. It's a covenant between Man and God.

Me: Pick me! Pick me! I know the answer! Ooo, ooo! Pllleeeeaaassse!

Buckethead: Julia?

Julia: Ummm....is it that Jesus died on the cross?

Me: No, dummy! I know it! Mark, plleeaassse!

Buckethead: Try again, kids. Okay, here's another hint. It has something to do with a boat.

Julia: Okay, when Jesus walked on the water when they were fishing?

Me: NOOOO.....come on guys! Mark, I know the answer!!

Buckethead: Okay a boat and Animals in Pairs of two....sounding familiar?

Me: Of course, it sounds familar. Noah and the Ark! After the flood, God made a covenant with man that he would never destroy the Earth again by a flood.

Buckethead: Jennifer, when I ask a question and it starts with "Kids", try to remember that the question isn't directed to you.

Me: Yes, sir.

4 comments:

purseblogger said...

LOL! That was hilarious! You crack me up. Awesome. :)

Buckethead said...

And don't even get me started when I try to test the kids on their spelling homework...you may be the reason for a few "B's" with your blurting out the answers and all.

Katie said...

umm ... i didn't know this. i need to go back to baptist camp ... maybe i would be included in the "kids" questions?

kanishk said...

You crack me up. Awesome
post free classified ads