Friday, May 7, 2010

Thank You Mom


Thank you Mom for instilling in me the need to wear clean underwear, to not sit too close to the T.V. and teaching me the difference between "closing" a door and "slamming" a door. Even if I never figured out the scale of measurement when you'd tell me, "I've had it up to here". I see a lot you in me now as I attempt to be a grown up in this world.


For example I, too lock myself in my bathroom to soak in the tub with a glass of wine and a romance novel and block out the screams that come from behind the door. I also love to clean out people's ears. Anybody's ears....just like you, Mom. Harley, the dog and Mitch, the step-son go running to hide when I walk out with a Q-tip in my hand.


Sure, I have a long way to go but Mom, you truly are a gift from God and I'm so glad you're my mom! Happy Mothers' Day.


I'd also like to say Happy Mother's Day to my sweet friends Julie and Shasta who became Mom's this past month.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm here from Follow Friday. You have a cute blog. I am now following you. There are many things my Mom taught me that I am very thankful for...mainly cooking.

Turning the Clock Back said...

Just stopping by from Friday Follow to check out the blog! Come follow back if you get the chance. Have a great weekend!

Diane
www.turning-the-clock-back-blogspot.com

Kellen said...

I just love that picture of your parents. They're the best. Your mama is great. I love her too.