Friday, May 21, 2010

Winter Weight

The annual 5 pound winter weight gain that begins immediately after Thanksgiving and stays lingering around my waist line and upper thighs until around my birthday (which just so happens to be this weekend) disapeared over the last few days. FINALLY!

I'd like to give a warm thanks to the Stomach Flu for all its help in the weight loss and for making me question if we should install two toilets side by side each other when we remodel our master bath in the fall. Unfortunately, I more than discovered a need for this arrangement.

Now, although the 5 pounds has been flushed down the toilet; it wasn't an easy fix people. I nearly gave myself a concussion from bagging my head on the porcelain throne and any image I hoped my husband would never have of me will now forever be painfully branded in his brain.

Mind you, Buckethead handled it best he could although he obviously thought my pain tolerance could have been a little higher. He would sweetly pat my arm, tell me he loved me,put a cold towel on my head and then think of some excuse to get the hell out of there and turn his headphones up high.

In my defense, living on Gatorade and pepto-bismol for 72 hours isn't exactly my idea of killer time. So, I got cranky? Who wouldn't? So, I screamed when he brought me Cherry flavored children's Tylenol? Big Deal! So, I wrapped my legs with Icy Hot pads and cleared out the entire neighborhoods sinus' with the smell? Sounds like a great idea to me! So, I tried to convince him the only cure for my fever was watching a marathon of The Real Housewives of New York? Duh!

Today, I'm feeling better and will join my sweet family at the Rotating Ball Restaurant in downtown tonight to celebrate my birthday. There is no better birthday gift than being with your family and no longer having the shits.

Happy Weekend!

post signature

3 comments:

Kelly Marie said...

Glad you are feeling better!! My nickname growing up was KPo :)

purseblogger said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I HATE being sick with the stomach flu. It is the worst! You had every right to react to those things the way you did. And I'm a fan of installing two toilets side by side...:)

Loco YaYa said...

found you via an old follow friday list.

love the blog!!