Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of School 2010

Well, we survived the first day of school! Buckethead only cried like a baby for 7 minutes after dropping his daughter off for her first day of Middle School. He tried to blame the tears on peeling an onion and I thought, "Wow, what a man I've married. He can peel an onion whilst driving a SUV." I should have put that down as one of my requirements on Match.com.
Julia thought the sign was dorky and kept looking next door to make sure our cute middle school boy neighbors didn't see her posing in front of the house holding a retarded sign. Did you know it's SO NOT COOL to hold up a sign your dad decorated with little hearts and doodles? Go figure!
We had difficulties deciding what to wear for the first day of school. It was going to be hot but we also wanted to don our new threads. Man, Buckethead must of tried on 100 outfits before we decided on what he would wear to drop the kids off. I mean, he has to look good for those PTA moms who wiggle and giggle in his presence. Never met the PTA?? THAT'S an entirely different blog. Some of those Women are NUTS.

Both kids had a wonderful day. They loved their teachers and had so much fun reuniting with old friends and making new ones. My prayer this year for them is that they continue to grow in their faith, that friends will be of plenty, tears will be few, laughs will be continuous and that they will always remember they have a family who loves them.
P.S. See those ever-green plants in the picture? They're dead. Dead as a door nail-Dead. I spray painted them green because I'm too cheap to buy new ones. You're welcome for that "white trash tip of the day".





post signature

11 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so glad the kids had such a wonderful first day, and that Buckethead had the perfect outfit for the PTA moms!

Girl - you crack me up!!!

Jess said...

The fact that you spray painted your plants green just notched you all the way up to the "cool people" list I carry around. Because really. That may be the best thing I've heard all week.

Aly @ Analyze This said...

The kids look so cute! :)

Check your front door tomorrow! Like after 3pm! And don't let Huck piss on it or chew it!

And OMG - you spray painted the plants? You're my hero. Love it!

Grimes Life said...

Cracking up so much right now about the white trash plant idea that I nearly peed my pants, well maybe i did a little! ha! JOKING! Seriously, i had no idea you could spray paint a plant and it look real and like you actually have a green thumb...i am doing that tonight! My DEAD plants on my porch have been there and dead since one week after my baby shower, oh my that is foul! Well, i am glad the kids had a good first day, can't wait to hear more on PTA....and most very most importantly, i need to see you soon! Please please please call me!! LOVE YOU JPO!!!

Ams said...

He did not make the signs himself did he? Seriously? Cutest man on the planet!!! And stinkin' cute kids too!!
I can't wait for school to start (secretly!!) It's time to get back into the swing of things!

Becca Christensen said...

So cute! And I personally love the signs! : ]

Design Apprentice said...

The kids looked absolutely perfect for their first day.

I'd love to hear more about the pta moms in the future, I can't even imagine your thoughts on them.

Spray painted the plants? Surely you jest. I'm laughing yet nodding in admiration over this possibility.

Kimberly said...

I love you and all your blog posts. They make me laugh and cry. So glad you are in my life. Loves.

Mom said...

Thanks, Jennifer, and I can't think of a single piece of advice to give you on the wonderful blog. You are a dear daughter and I love you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jennifer, and I can't think of a single piece of advice to offer on this delightful blog. I love you, and I can't wait to see you. You are a wonderful daughter.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ jess said...

I love you! Read your guest blog over on Aly's page!

I totally LOVE the signs!