Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm Back!

Buenos dias, mi amigos!

I'm back from a much needed and much enjoyed vacation to Playa del Carmen, Mexico! I know, I know, I haven't been much of a blogger lately. Blame it on work; blame it on being too busy. Blame it on the booze and blame it on the Henney.

Ever noticed how much tired you are when you come back from Vacation than when you went? Of course, it's a good tired. You're worn out from all the fun and sun you were having verses exhausted from spending 3 hours conversing with your Swedish co-worker Larry with the fuzzy teeth discussing 401k options and why his wife Helga left him for a guy that cleans out fish tanks . (yes, it's a true story).

And you know the saying you always want what you can't have? Well, what do you think I couldn't have for 5 whole days whilst sharing a hotel room with Buckethead and the two kids? I'll give you a hint, I had a LOT of it on my honeymoon. Yep, that's right. I couldn't freely "love" my husband in a biblical sense for 5- WHOLE- DAYS! And boy, did I want some carnal action. Fine,I'll stop there. I digress, but I mean have YOU seen Buckethead without his shirt on? Okay, okay....you can stop dry heaving now.

But, both Buckethead and I were so exhausted upon our return yesterday, my desire quickly altered into wanting nothing more than a hot bath and reruns of The Real Houswives of New Jersey in my own bed. I know, hard to believe I would pick Teresa and her forehead over "relations" but recovering from Vacation is hard to do!

I'll post lots of pictures tonight of the trip with commentary on some funny moments. Such as the fact that I truly DID cry over spilled milk when my step-daughter spilt a large glass of milk on me in the airport and I had to travel 4 hours with a layover smelling like sour cheese. OH, the irony.

Have a great day!

post signature

5 comments:

A said...

the fact that five days is a long time for you and your hubby makes me really jealous.

we just came out of a couple of week long streak of nothingness. boooohisssss

Ams said...

Haha you make me laugh!!! Glad that you had a great time in Mexico... and just the thought of spilled milk and then a long plane ride makes me feel a bit ill!!

Katie said...

BOO! i hate flo. SHE SUCKS!!! apparently she thinks she's invited to things like mexico vacations and really any and all vacations for that matter!

and ps, try getting pregnant. you'll see what a REAL dry spell is. as sexy as "relations" are with a giant bump in the middle of your abdomen that moves and kicks and "responds" to any and all "action" is a pretty much the equivalent to talking to a guy about his grandma right before doing the deed. believe me. i'm looking forward to 6 weeks after baby gets here!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I can't wait to see pictures!! And I bet that 5 days seemed like a friggin' lifetime! Here's to some "love" with Buckethead this week!

Design Apprentice said...

So happy you're back, I missed reading your blog while you were away. Hope this week is action packed for you, ha.