Sunday, September 19, 2010

Master-bath Re-Vamp

I know I haven't been much of a blogger lately. As the saying goes, "No news is Good news," this is true in my case. Life is going pretty peachy, my friends. BUSY but peachy, none the less. I mean, I could entertain you with Tales from the Toliet or how a load of whites managed to turn pink in the laundry last week, (Geeze, I HATE when the laundry fairy does that) but I also try to sensor myself in hopes I won't get a call from my mother or worse; my pastor brother.

One little task that kept me busy recently, was I decided to "update" the master bathroom in our house. Although there were many advantages to marrying my sweet buckethead (he can reach the top shelf, he's a human heating pad and he's a pretty good kisser, too) one of the coolest bonuses was that I moved out of my 700 square foot apartment into a beautiful home. However, since he has lived in this house we now share for going on 9 years, sometimes I feel like I need some of my touches in it to make it truly home to me.

But trying out your creativity for the first time on a very expensive house, can be a little intimidating, not to mention kind of stupid. It would be one thing if I hadn't been a wall texturizing virgin, but reading a "how-to" instruction guide via google as my only preparation, may not have been wise. Regardless of Buckethead's fear we would end up with a disaster on our hands and an unfixable problem on the walls of his largest investment, he agreed to let me spread my creative wings and fly.

After the taping alone took 4 hours, I was starting to highly regret my decision. However, pressing on, I spent the next two weeks stripping wall paper, texturizing, painting, tearing down mirrors, making 4 trips to different stores to find mirrors and hanging mirrors (all with Buckethead's help, of course). Below it the result of our hard work.

Before:

After:


post signature

9 comments:

Brandi said...

Great job, love the new mirrors!!!!

Terri said...

It is soooo pretty!! LOVE the mirrors! How much fun it is to get ready in there now :)

Grimes Life said...

Wow Jen I am impressed, it look so great! :)

Bailey said...

i love your mirrors! did you buy them or just buy framing? you did such a great job! can't wait to play this coming week. we changed girls' night to thursday. can you make it then?

Aly @ Analyze This said...

That looks really nice Jen! I am definitely a fan of adding you personal mirrors to a bathroom, versus the builders mirrors!

Bravo!

And PS- Cute dress you wore to Katie's baby shower!! :)

Mrs. Potts said...

Great job! I'm very impressed & the new mirrors are wonderful!

Ashley said...

Just beautiful!

Katie said...

LOVE! Now, come do mine :)

we hate you. love, us said...

It looks amazing!!!