Monday, October 11, 2010

Home Tour: Dining Room

I've decided to jump on the band wagon and feature a room in my home each week for my blog-viewers. Technically, if I were to show you my favorite spot in my home, where JPO finds her "me" time, it would be a picture of the toilet. However, since there is really nothing special about our toilet, I wont waste your time.

We are starting in the Dining Room for the Home Tour. Why, do you ask? Since we've only used this room ONCE since we've been together, it's definitely not one of the most used rooms in our home. But, the dining room set was the first piece of furniture we bought together. And BH and I have also used the dining room table for "other" recreational activities if ya know what I'm sayin...... kidding (kind of).

Though this room is rarely used, I love it. I forget about it sometimes, but when I go to check for dog poop under the table, I always think, "Man, we should really use this room more often". Then I am reminded that it is a dining room and in order to dine one must cook. And after much contemplation, I decide it may be a pretty room but it ain't that pretty.

So, I hope you enjoy. You can pretend I am having you over for a dinner party, serving escargot for an appetizer and a nice fillet of fish for the main entree. You better dream it because the reality in our home is Hamburger Helper with a side of canned green beans. Man, I'm glad my husband loves me anyways...

(Side note: Although, I am no cooking extraordinaire , I am on a mission to change this. I baked a pie--from scratch...I plan to share my experience later in the week)




post signature

8 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

OMG! Recreational activity - seriously?!?! You are so wrong on so many levels!!

Pretty dining room - I like the color on the walls! :)

Grimes Life said...

beautiful jen, just beautiful!!!! :) And, I ca always get a good laugh when i check out your blog! Love you mucho! :)

Molly said...

Oh my word! SO funny!

I'm with you in the NOT cooking department. I totally need help in that area, eek!

Love the color in the room.

HulaBuns said...

Too funny! Beautiful room- Love the colors! Can't wait to hear about the pie baking!

Kristen said...

I never turn down hamburger helper!

Cute room!

Katie said...

love the "other recreational activities" ... greatness.

and love your dining room, you should use it more often, for activities involving dining of course, i don't want to know how often it's used for the recreational activities ...

we hate you. love, us said...

haha "recreational activity". I love it!

We rarely use our dining room too and I always think we should. I love ours, but eating in there seems so cold to us. Maybe because there's only two of us?

I really love the idea of featuring a room a week. Can't wait to see what's next!

Smiling is Good for your Teeth said...

you have a beautiful dining room...and good for you on your recreational activities! as long as you clean up...no one needs to fuss! :-)