Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blissfully Bloated-Our Return from the Wine Country

Buckethead and I just celebrated our one year anniversary in the wine country last week. It was amazing. I mean, an entire trip focused on my all time favorite adult beverage? Ummm,,YES please!

And not only that, what goes with wine? FOOD. Lots and lots of food. Particularly cheese. I LOVE cheese. Have I ever told you of my pure adoration of this amazing dairy product? The combination of the perfect sharp Cheddar with a little fruit and a cracker is a tri-fecta of yummy delicious goodness. I love cheese almost as much as I love bacon.....but I digress. This blog isn't about cheese, although I really like cheese. This blog is about my anniversary trip with my smoking hot husband.

We spent the first two days enjoying San Francisco and then headed up to the wine country for three days. Four pounds have been nicely added to my toosh (yes, I checked the scale) and we spent a small peddler's fortune on wine purchases (that's what you get for shopping whilst being tipsy) but it was one of the most romantic getaways I've ever been on.

Happy Anniversary to my traveling companion and my life companion--who happens to be peacefully snoring beside me. I love you, Buckethead--even if you do sound like a freight train.











post signature

15 comments:

Britt @ The Adventures of Josh and Britt said...

That trip looks like so much fun! I really want to go w/ my hubby to wine country! You look gorgeous!

Tiffany said...

You are HOTT! I love all your outfits! Looks like the trip was very relaxing!

Meghan said...

Happy Anniversary! I went to San Fran and Napa for part of my honeymoon and LOVED it. I also remember spending a small fortune on wine - I just felt bad not buying a bottle after having great conversations at the tastings!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Great pictures! :) Glad you guys had fun!!!

Sole Matters said...

jealous!!! looks like yall had a great time!

Melissa Jo said...

I have a very strong adoration for cheese too! SO GOOD! Your pictures are so cute!

Becca Christensen said...

Great pictures. I love ALL your outfits. : ] Glad you had fun.

Ashley said...

Your post has me craving a good glass of Chardonnay or Riesling right now...but I can't drink it yet! This baby needs to hurry and make her debut so her mama can indulge!

Brandi said...

How fun!! Great pics! At first glance, I thought u were Shania Twain!!! Smokin'!!!! Great pics!!

Jess said...

Looks fabulous.

And just so you know, I now officially hate you because of your epic prettiness.

Just kidding.

Mostly.

K said...

you two are the CUTEST. i'm jealous of your wine-getaway. don't worry about the 4 lbs. take that times 10 and you'll have what i'm dealing with getting off after my little guy was done with me :)

oh and ps - i gave you an award on my blog, feel free to come play if you like! xo

Kelly Marie said...

Happy Anniversary!! The trip looks amazing and the pictures are beautiful! That's definitely a trip that I wanna take at some point in my near future. Wine, cheese & I know there is most likely not bacon there, but you said bacon and now I want some..mmm

we hate you. love, us said...

That looks like a fabulous trip! I LOVE wine country. You're right, you totally end up spending a ton of money on wine purchases but it's soo worth it. And happy anniversary!

Becca said...

gorgeous pictures! looks like yall had fun!

p.s. i'm a new follower. love your blog!

Miss Southern Vol said...

Ahhh my dream is to go to wine country!! SOOO beautiful!!! So glad yall had a great time