Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SPAM

I'm trying to convince Buckethead that SPAM really IS good and that he should let me make it for dinner. Let's just call it a delicacy as I'm 100% positive that no one else in our neighborhood or in a 5 miles radius have SPAM in their pantry.

It's funny, you take me to a fancy restaurant and I will order the most expensive thing on the menu. But, my pallet is very "diverse" in the fact that Sponge Bob Mac and Cheese and a slab of SPAM sound pretty darn tasty to me.

I mean, my mom raised me on a dish called "Weenie Surprise" which surprisingly has the same name as a trick Buckethead likes to perform sometimes when we are alone in the bedroom. BOW-CHICA-WOW-WOW.

I digress.

"Wennie Surprise" --the food not the trick--in basically chopped up hotdog weenies over instant mashed potatos covered in marinara sauce.

Yes. This is truth. And no, my mom is not cruel. She is southern. Southern people are adventurous when it comes to their food pairings and always know that any cooking mistake can be corrected with either gravy or frosting.

I embrace my love of processed food and can only hope that one day I change my husband into appreciating the taste of canned meat.




post signature

11 comments:

A said...

words to live by at my house ::

any cooking mistake can be corrected with either gravy or frosting.

love it.

I also grew up on at least one serving of SPAM a week. :)

Neely said...

My aunt made a similar dish it was hot dogs cut up with mashed taters and baked beans. DIVINE!

Katie said...

you are hilarious. and i've never eaten spam. when i saw the title of your post in my feed i totally thought it was going to be about junk email. ha!

we hate you. love, us said...

I fully support you. Anything that can go in Mac n Cheese is fine with me :)

Impulsive Addict said...

Wennie surprise! HA! Now THAT is funny stuff!

But the marinara sauce with instant potatoes does not not tasty at all. However, I can tear up some mac and cheese. Spam? No thank you. My husband, on the other hand, LOVES it! Bleh.

R said...

I just love your blog. You almost always have me cracking up. Hope you can talk him into SPAM. Just tell him it's considered to be great food in Hawaii! They eat it with everything!

Melissa Jo said...

I love weenie surprise!!!

Tiffany said...

Ha! Weenie surprise. Fantastic!

One of my fav things about Hawaii is how much Hawaiians love spam. So funny!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Ooooh I LOVEEEEE SPAM! Get Buckethead to eat it immediately! I even have an I <3 Spam shirt.. lol

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I'm with Fulmer ... I thought you were about to talk about getting spam emails ... like GROW YO' PENIS 10 inches OVENIGHT! Or some dumb shit like that.

Spam - I've never tried. And I don't want to...EVER!

And none of that hanky panky when I am there visiting!! It's coming oh so soon! :) Giddy Up!

Mrs. Tuna said...

No, you can't change him. Live with it and point him to the Joy of Cooking.