Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cooped Up in the House and School Projects

Dallas shut down today because it was "too cold". You see, us Texans can't seem to function in temperatures below freezing. Our bodies begin to slowly shut down. Our phalanges begin to tingle and go numb; our nose's turn red and then the next thing you know- kidney failure. Our roads become ice coated labyrinths, our cowboy boots don't scoot like they should, we get athlete's foot and it becomes more hostile than a Whitney Houston concert. It's pretty much a total disaster-- the Great Snowcalypse of 2011.

After we (me, BH and the kids) braided each others hair a thousand times, squeezed all the toothpaste out of the tubes just out of sheer boredom and toilet papered our neighbor's trees we decided to be somewhat productive and work on Julia's school project--a commercial for a cereal made in Austria. Somehow, I forgot how freaking awesome I was at school projects and I ended up taking over the production. (I have to give credit, where credit it due and say BH came up with the idea).

Thought I would share the end results with you guys. I think it's Oscar material, or at least MTV movie award worthy.



post signature

video

9 comments:

Neely said...

FABULOUS!

Kimberly said...

A+ on the project!!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Love it! So creative! Now, is this you talking at the end of the video? If yes, definitely NOT what I imagined what you sounded like! And I don't mean that in a bad way!

Kristen said...

So good...definitely A material :)

Anonymous said...

Loved it!

mom said...

Great job, Julia!

Holly said...

LOL at Snowpocalypse! I don't think New Zealanders could function in temperatures below 0 either! :O

Britt @ The Adventures of Josh and Britt said...

ok, this is so cute!!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I just found your blog and wanted to say hi and let you know I am your newest follower. Love your blog! :)

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com