Monday, July 11, 2011

Sugar Butt

Sunday, Buckethead and I volunteered at church to run a Toddler Sunday School. We ended up with 9 very quick, and rambuncous 2-3 year olds. We lost one. But then we found it. Luckily the lost toddler was just playing in the toliet. Aside from that, it pretty much went off without a hitch. Well, except for one tiny, little, itty-bity slip of the tongue.


Mind you, I'm not usually the one to stick my foot in my mouth. Mainly because I care too much about what other people think (strange, as I share my bowel movements with strangers via the internet).


So we're trying to get the kids to line up, and although we have their names tapped on their backs, at times there were still too many of the little rascals to remember. So this one little tyrant, umm, I mean angel was running out of the line and I call out to him using the name......



SUGAR BUTT.

Sugar Butt? That sounds like a glittered stripper or possibly a name you call your husband (or Pimp) but a total stranger's toddler at CHURCH?? Yep, that's what I decided to call him. Sugar-Butt.


Let's just hope he's one of the few toddlers that, haven't been able to express themselves through words yet. Otherwise, I may be in line for a relatively mortifying call from the head of Children's Minstry.




post signature

3 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

I love 'sugar butt!' too cute

Kristine said...

Bahaha, Sugar Butt is a new one! I love it! :)

The lost one was just playing in the toliet... classic!

Angela said...

"Sugar Britches" I've heard, but not "Sugar Butt." I wouldn't worry too much. Seems to me many toddlers (even at church)are well acquainted with the "b" word. At least you were sweet about it when you had to reprimand him/her!