Thursday, December 8, 2011

Prego Update: 26 weeks


Well, I know it's been a while but, don't blame me! I have been EXTREMELY busy. It's very time consuming putting on a good 20 pounds. Not to mention, I quit my job and am now a stay at home Mom. And even though this baby girl is in my belly, I have to sleep when she sleeps, eat when she wants to eat and poop when....well, whenever I feel the urge.

So don't be calling me a lady of leisure, folks. No sir, I am working harder than I ever have. Like....ummmm.....well. Ah ha! For example, I organized my closet today. It was so difficult, I had to follow it up with a 2 hour nap and a Little Debbie's Zebra Cake. It was delicious so I had another.

My sweet, precious, angel of a husband has been so helpful and perfect. He brings me water when I'm thirsty; gives lots of rubs and kisses; takes me to nice restaurants and doesn't say a word when I eat more than he does. In fact, he's been SO sweet, he has gained a little baby love weight with me! (Not sure if he thinks that part of it is sweet). But it makes me feel better that he isn't drinking a protein shake whilst I eat a fried chicken leg and mashed potatoes covered in honey (one of my weird cravings).

Pregnancy is a humbling thing. I lay in the bathtub, spread eagle looking like a beached whale and I think to myself, will I ever look the same again and what the hell is that leaking out of my nipple? But, then I quickly remember this precious little princess growing in my belly and as I feel her flip and flutter around I know that hemorrhoids and all, this is SO worth it.

post signature

5 comments:

Becca Christensen said...

Loved this post. : ] And you look great! Keep up the honey covered mashed potatoes.

Love,
B

Chelsi Baird said...

Love this post. You are too funny and look amazing! Congrats on having a baby girl!

Brandi said...

You r too cute and funny!!!!!

mariel said...

for a girl who always took home leftovers from restaurants, pregnancy was the only time i cleared my plate every time...and quicker than tray! enjoy those flips and flutters because you'll definitely miss it!

mandell said...

Have been enjoying your blog for at least a year but just became a follower!

You are so stinkin' cute with a baby bump!