Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Wrap Up

As I sit here on the couch contemplating 2011, I have an overwhelming sense of peace, tranquility and the strong urge to fart. Ummm wait, I meant the strong urge to reflect on all the blessings I have been given this year. (Although I do kind of need to fart, too)

MY Top Ten Moments of 2011:

1.) Finding out I was expecting after taking a pregnancy test in the bathroom of Target on my lunch break.

2.) Celebrating my one year Wedding anniversary to Buckethead in the Wine Country and eating enough cheese and drinking enough wine to get me through my upcoming 9 month pregnancy dry spell.

3.) Realizing my dreams were coming true when I found out we were having a little girl, surrounded by our family and friends.

4.) Spending Spring Break in Disney World.

5.) Having an excuse to gain 25 pounds.....and counting.

6.) My husband having to ice his balls and his knee due to two surgeries in one month-- (one of those surgeries resulting in Baby Reese).

7.) Trying to help out the economy by purchasing a new house and a new car.

8.) Starting my SAHM role early by pulling a crazy pregnant lady moment by storming out and quiting my job. (And having the kind of husband that's totally cool with that).

9.) Robert Griffin III winning the Heisman (okay, maybe that's not my top ten but I'll throw it in there for the husband)

10.) Realizing that life has turned out exactly how it should be. Thank you Jesus!


HERE'S to 2012!! Happy New Year!!



post signature

8 comments:

Amber said...

So happy for you! I remember stumbling on your blog in the middle of my divorce, and thinking, "this girl knows exactly what I am dealing with!". I loved reading about you and Buckethead's story then, and now can't wait to see what lies ahead with your little one! Congratulations again, and Happy New Year, Jen!

we hate you. love, us said...

What a fabulous list! Here's to a fabulous 2012!!!

Kim @ Stuff could... said...

Wow, you had many life changing events happen in 2011...the baby, new house etc
Happy New Year

fishandchipsandsalsa said...

Hey Jen,

Love love love your blog! Haven't seen you in forever but wanted to say congrats on the new baby on the way! You will be such a great mom! Hope to see you again once we move back stateside.

Andrea
(From DBU and terrible Spanish class)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

What a wonderful 2011!! You are SO blessed!! Hope you all are well! I can't wait for baby R's arrival :)

Cheers to a wonderful and healthy 2012, friend!

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto you blog and i am LOVING it!!
congrats on all the things you have done/accomplished in 2011! hope 2012 is just as joyful and rewarding!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Aliya said...

Um... just found your blog... you're freaking adorable.. I'm having a baby girl, too... new follower here :)

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE your blog!! So funny you are!!